This ribbed crochet scarf is made from a stitch pattern that looks just like knitting. Seriously! It works up in a squishy, chunky fabric - perfect for shielding your neck against the cold weather.
You will need:
- US K/10 (7mm) crochet hook
- Worsted weight yarn (I like Loops & Threads Impeccable or Patons Classic Wool myself...)
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
How to make:
1. Chain desired length of chains, turn.
2. Single crochet in second chain from hook and in each chain across, turn.
3. Chain 1, slip stitch in back loop only of each foundation single crochet, turn.
4. Chain 1, slip stitch in back loop only of each slip stitch. Repeat 4 to desired width.
Work 1 row of single crochet, in back loop only. Fasten off. Weave in all ends.
Email or comment with any questions! I seriously love the texture of this scarf. You could make it wider and seam the ends to create an infinity scarf, or size up your hook/yarn weight for an even chunkier look. Explore the possibilities, and have fun!